Recognize this instrument, anyone? It's Jacopo's traditional Middle Eastern ud, a twangy, bulbous thing. He was invited to join a band of (mostly gypsy) musicians who play Eastern European Klezmer (secular Jewish) music at a local coffeehouse on Sunday mornings.

The motley crew of musicians assembles around too-small tables in a too-small coffee house, a problem compounded by the ring of coffee-slurping dancers that continually surrounds them:

This fabulous ex-hippie grandmother led the dancing:

And this is Olaf, giant Norseman and king of the gypsies:
Hopefully this will become a regular commitment (Jacob has succesfully argued that it's the most spiritually expansive thing we could be doing on Sunday mornings) so we'll post more photos when we can.
The motley crew of musicians assembles around too-small tables in a too-small coffee house, a problem compounded by the ring of coffee-slurping dancers that continually surrounds them:
This fabulous ex-hippie grandmother led the dancing:
And this is Olaf, giant Norseman and king of the gypsies:

3 comments:
Words cannot describe the dancing granny. That look!
That hair!
Oh wait, I am studying for the GRE... let me try.
ghastly
repugnant
odious
Okay, I have made my vocabulary contribution for the day.
I find it amazing that Jacob was able to find a place to actually play his ud - good for you!
I love Jake's hat! So cool.
Post a Comment