These are two naughty deerskies pilfering birdseed...
and this is a male American Goldfinch...

and this is a Fox Sparrow...
(confirmed after much head-scratching and frantically paging through multiple bird guides)

but what is this little rusty-headed pipsqueak?
and this is a Fox Sparrow...
(confirmed after much head-scratching and frantically paging through multiple bird guides)
but what is this little rusty-headed pipsqueak?
[click to see larger version]
and this nasty blackbird-type?
[the back is rusty and spotted, and the white eyebrow has thrown off all attempts to positively identify]
[the back is rusty and spotted, and the white eyebrow has thrown off all attempts to positively identify]

2 comments:
Nice pics. The thorns really show up clearly on the limbs and the birds are very crisp and clear. I love the moon shot. To me all of the birds that are brown and dull are sparrows. The black birds are crows, cow birds, or starlings. I have no idea! :)
Maman
After looking for my resource books, which I cannot find because my daughter probably still has them, I think the small bird might be a pine suskin, or some other type of wee sparrowish type. The larger bird, to your mother's credit, does resemble some type of starling, although its beak resembles that of a seed eater like the cardinal. If and when I ever find my bird books, I will explore this further.
Dad
Post a Comment