Sunday, May 10, 2009

Recap, Part 2

Some Tidbits:

*There is a pond of frogs just below our bedroom window. The frogs wail in a glorious, synchronized chorus day and night, rising to a feverish pitch every twenty minutes or so, and serving as a natural sleep inhibitor for all human occupants.

*We found a new hiking trail high above the city. It runs alongside an irrigation ditch, which flows clear and smooth like a mile-long bathtub lined with poison oak. Mmm.
*Spring in Ashland overpowers my senses. The red-orange California poppies are bursting from their fuzzy globes and every single one makes me want to squeal.
*I just made a salmon quiche, my first-ever recipe involving canned fish. Deliciousness: 7/10.

*You probably couldn't guess that this ice cream sandwich contains soy ice cream. Deliciousness: 9/10.
*I just finished knitting a purple sweater. It's too big and needs to be felted a bit.

*Jake played Klezmer (E. European Jewish) music at the coffee house this morning, like every Sunday morning, and it was bigger than words and truer than hippies and too spiritual to make much sense among coffee stains and sticky fingers.
*In two weeks I'm going to Boston to visit my lovelies, Ashley and Molly, to celebrate Molly's grad school graduation.

*Hopefully it won't be another month before you hear from us. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Love the flowers. Wish I could grow those poppies, but they just don't want to live here -- of course, neither do I!

Maman

Mary S. said...

hear hear for not allowing another month to go by without updates.

have a great trip to boston!